"here is a difference...  between difference as
in the difference between terms in a system of
hierarchical oppositions and
difference as in the difference between one term and
the next in a series or
network of terms."

But for Derrida all meaning is fired by  differance,
and differance cannot exist except between
oppositions. Since these oppositions are arbitrary -
ie do not correspond with/cannot be tested against  an
extra-linguistic reality - they are held to be
oppressive. So if you are arguing that the difference
between our two differences is that the production of
one does not involve the intervention of 'hierachical
oppositions' then I think you are wrong. That's if
Uncle Jacques is setting the rules. I prefer to play
pool.

Cheers
Scott Hamilton