I heard Robert Drewe speak about the book at the Melbourne Writers' Festival - some very funny and chilling anecdotes from his early days in Fremantle (I think) - I'm trying to read The Drowner at the moment but work is getting in the road...The Savage Crows...his first novel, I enjoyed immensely.

Clayton

Douglas Clark wrote:

Joyce Carol Oates reviews Robert Drewe's 'The Shark Net: Memories and
Murder' in the current New York REview of Books. This is a memoir of
childhood and coming-of-age in Perth by an Australian novelist.
I thought it might interest listees. The time period seems to be 50s/60s.