If I can be allowed to say something,
I find difficult to deal with poems using the pronoun "we" since it is never
the case of it
being a kind of dramatic schizophrenic poet's voice. It simply most often
implies "me and you".
I think that to speak in the name of a "couple" in lyric poems is
unnecessary.
Here, Helen, I would have used the "I" .

(Also because we can never really be sure that the "I" belongs to the poet,
as in dramatic monologues.)
The choice of  the pronouns "she/he/'they" (which can create a extraordinary
cooling
distancing of the subject other than the poet , as in Neruda, Petrarca,
Dante, and as in the
third person narration) is my favorite. Especially when referred in this
case to the poet himself.

I believe that when poets use the pronoun "we" they tend to be tamed and
domesticated as to keep
a form of respect for the other (who is given the role as a "Gregario", as
in cycling competitions ) .
I do not feel this pronoun add dramatic nuances  to the perception.
It is just a question of taste, I guess.

Erminia