> What is the name of that film Robert Duvall was in where he was playing
the
> religious patriarch, and he had sex with the woman on the table--and had
an
> orgasm in about two seconds in a very mechanical manner and continued like
> nothing was happening--was that the film version of Atwood's "The
Handmaid's
> Tale"? A lot of people in the Protestant denominations at least profess
sex as a
procreatic duty, and deny/or abjure taking any pleasure from the act.
> Chris Hayden

Chris (don't trust the film maker , Robert Duvall, too much. He might have
had his own reasons to want to
ruin the reputation of Protestant Priests  as proper lovers.)
Also...if so...if there have been those who have behaved like that in older
times, I say
that it is utterly unfair to assume that
all priests make sex boring. Can I suggest you to read
"The Constrained Embrace"? That was a prescribed practice for Protestant
priest to make partner content.
The man-priest resists the temptation of letting himself go to an orgasm
guaranteeing,
in doing so, his wife's long-lasting carnal joys.

I have written a long poem about this. It is called "Brina sull'erba" "Dew
on the grass",
(in Macchina, 2000)

Anyhow,
I have been told that Catholic priests would always  make sure to ask their
(secret) lovers to recite at least
ten Pater Noster(s) , ten Ave Maria(s) and ten Eternal Repose(s),
plus two complete "Act of Faith"(s)  and one complete "Act of Repentance"(s)
before pulling down again their skirts and push their holy partners' hairy
chests away.
How about this?

Erminia