> - Therefore , you are against all "ideologies".

Yup. See Stavrakakis, I., _Lacan and the Political_, for the account of
"phantasmatic politics" I am drawing on here.

> - Therefore you should  regard as dull also Ted Hughes, among  the poets
of
> the
> "natural",
> dislike Rousseau and of course greatly dislike Heidegger. But, do you
> really??? I wonder.

I certainly dislike Rousseau. Heidegger is more complicated, although more
obviously implicated in bad politics. And Hughes can be pretty Sadeian,
boringly so at times. Hill has called his version of the Oresteia
"Neronian"...

>  But it's a bait-and-switch operation: you
> > think you're getting a healthy dose of iconoclasm, when in fact what you
> end
> > up with is a fascist iconography.
>
> - fascism has become a too omnicomprehensive term to be use in a
meaningful
> way  in this context.

Very well: an iconography whose particular allure is the sexual allure of
violence and domination, as it is rather superbly described in Auden's _The
Orators_. By "fascist" I therefore mean to refer to a sexual identity: the
love of power, the erotic glorification of violence, and the belief that
succumbing to the allure of these things makes one more sexually
sophisticated, forthright and honest. Not all fascisms are sadisms, it must
be said; although Mussolini said that boxing is a supremely fascist sport,
and Hitler is alleged to have had a penchant for shitting on his
girlfriends, there have also been fastidious fascists who were not
especially stirred by the exercise of brute force. So perhaps there is more
to fascism as a political and historical phenomenon than the particular
forms of Sadeian depravity I'm thinking of. Nor do I believe that the
fascists' rise to power was an insurrection of perverts, or that there are
people who are innately fascistic because they are innately sexually
depraved. But it does seem fairly clear to me that fascism has a sexual
allure about it: that it is depraving, and that it appeals to a depraved
part of ourselves. I don't think an adequate account of fascism can be given
without taking into account its phantasmatic dimension, its libidinal
economy if you like.

> Prostitution, in terms of exploitation of unwelthy prol;etarian women is
as
> much a problem now as it was then.

True...

- Dom