> If you want to be a professional poet

I'd hate to be that Matthew! But you're point is well taken. If people don't
subscribe to many magazines how do folk on the list gain access to wider
reading in general? Libraries and friends? Swapsies? Word of mouth?

Incidentally, many moons ago someone somewhere in the UK offered an annual
subscription for which they sent you a selection of current UK poetry mags,
quite a nice little idea for those wanting to get a broader picture of the
scene. Invaluable if you wanted to window shop before committing your hard
earned wonga.

With regard to subscriptions anyone out there wanting to take out a sub to
Salt can contact me. Volume 12 is due on the news stands soon . . .

All best
Chris