Peter Howard writes:

Personally, I would regard as 'published' a poem of mine that had
appeared on a web site (mine or otherwise), but I wouldn't regard it as
published if I'd just posted it to an email list like this one.

For myself, I would regard it as published if I'd submitted to a web 'zine,
but not if I'd put it on my own site. It is certainly a very grey area.

Peter adds:

I wouldn't submit the same poem to two different web 'zines if they
wanted first publication.

And, I suppose, nor would I. But as a matter of principal I resent editors
telling one not to submit to two places at once. To submit a poem for
consideration is not to make a commitment. All you're offering is the chance
for a particular editor to make an offer for it. It could happen that the
poet doesn't like the offer and says s/he had a better one elsewhere. Only
in a world where poets are considered the lowest form of human life would
this be considered unreasonable.

Best wishes

Matthew