Dear All,

Just returned from the SubVerse: 2000 Queensland Poetry Festival in
Brisbane over the weekend..

what a hoot...

heard Gig Ryan, Brook Emery, Judy Johnson, Miriam Lo, John Knight,
Michael Sharkey, Mark Pirie (NZ) and the very hip Lewis Scott (USA via
NZ) read, had a read myself (my first...Mark P. was in my session) and
learnt absolutely heaps..

though I shouldn't be giving advice (as a fledgling) but to my fellow
fledglings --- go to readings if you have a chance, after the marvelous
experience of this weekend I cannot wait to attend/participate
more...viva poetry, viva QPF

cheers

clayton

PS: Bronwyn Lea won the $3000 Arts Queensland prize for Unpublished
Poetry - she was also on in my session and she read her winning poem -
just exquisite!  Margie Cronin and John Knight were the judges this
year...so ends the QPF report! (Hope listees don't mind - pretty pumped
up about the whole experience.)