Right, after unsubscribing a couple of days ago I see there's a
couple of points which require some clarification.

To all those who were kind enough to reply to my short
questionnaire, I thought you might be interested in the following
note from Neil Astley, editor of Bloodaxe Books, who has
also been generous enough to help me with my postgrad
research --

Q: As a rule, online poetry bookstores will publish one poem from
>each book as a means to encourage sales -- however, from the
>research I've done so far, the minimum number of poems folk
>will read before deciding on a purchase is generally 3 . . .>

NA: <This is a very interesting statistic which we can take into account in
our planning. I hadn't realised that the minimum likely number was 3 -
thanks for this. There won't be any copyright restrictions on featuring
our own authors' poems on the site, unlike on general sites. We can stop
text from being downloaded, ensuring that the poems are tasters for people
wanting to order books.>

In a small way you've contributed to the ongoing development of
the Bloodaxe Web site.

Only one person opted for the following -- a perfectly chirpy
backchannel response to the effect of 'Sure, no problem, I'll get
back to you tomorrow', followed by nothing, followed by a
front-channel airing of a tired old Monty Python joke and a self-
congratulatory claim that she had not, unlike other folk less smart
than herself presumably, 'wasted her time'.  Cheers.

Did I join this list with the intention of gathering information?  Yes.
Time's running out and I've left things rather late.

Is this the only reason I'm on this list?  No.  Anyone who may be
undecided as to whether I'm a market researcher can check the
latest issue of London Magazine -- there's a couple of poems
of mine in there.  I'm also *not* in the habit of fabricating
personal details, and am thoroughly pissed off with those who
do for the sole purpose of spamming the list with troll-garbage.
I also have no time for those who sympathise with such behaviour
as being 'textually creative'.  Bollocks!  As Dom said (I think),
it comes down to personal accountability, something most folk
learn by the age of 5.

Anyway -- that's my spiel.  Apologies if this has dragged the issue
out unnecessarily.

Andy