John has written - maybe we should go back to the closed list version -
people having to
provide ids etc to join. what's the view on this?

My view on this is that you have asked people to b/c you to comment/argue
with you on your summary removal from the list. And now you keep popping
into my inbox delphically responding to comments I know nothing about. You
are adding to the confusion, indeed in this case you have created the
situation by your hasty unfulfilled threat a week or so ago. I am amazed
that you could not see the inevitability of censure once you responded as
you did. I still think that there needs to be more than one list owner if
only to get away from perhaps the most annoying thing about this list - the
cult of you. Is it JK? What will JK say? What will JK do? He's so left. He's
beyond reproach.
Please stop swaying and swooping around this list and seek help.

Paul