I'm a little at a loss to understand why so many people have reacted with
such energy to Pseu's postings.  It seems disproportionate, and not just
Hugh's recent blowing of lid, and perhaps unjust. Even the resentment over
her intervention in the suicide thread. I know this is a sore point and I
don't want to tread on old wounds, but being solemn isn't the only way to be
serious. Her other crime is "taking the piss". Oh come on! Poets afraid of
piss! What cheesed me off about Kru was the massive filesizes which
threatened to paralyse my computer. Pseu hasn't gone in for that kind of
thing. (I know some of you still smart about the photos, but the last one
was an understandable mistake, due to the way the reply function was set on
the list.) As for the misspellings and awkward English, since when did all
you Aussies and yanks become such devout followers of the Queen's English?

I am genuinely sad that listees such as Joe Duemer and others have left. But
part of me feels that one person cannot _make_ you leave a list, that you
still have a choice as to how you respond to them.

Anyway, she hasn't shocked me in anything like the way Hugh did with his
expletive. I'm not pretending I don't indulge in a bit of language meself,
it's just I did sit up straighter than nature intended when I saw it in caps
as the entire substance of a post on a poetry list. And I don't think Hugh
should be wheeled off. A fortiori, Pseu neither.

Maybe a bit more humour and acceptance and less dudgeon would go a long way.

best

Randolph Healy