Yeah, I can't say I'm devastated by the shifting
identities of our Cambridge friend(s).  It's summer,
purportedly!  Anyway, what the hell.  If I could stick
my fist through this screen you could know how real I
am.  I could know then too!
Mairead

Quoting Lucy Chandler Brandt <[log in to unmask]>:

> Hello,
>
> What a gullible person I am!  I actually thought, upon
reading the
> "roommate" letter and smiling indulgently, "Oh, that's
the sort of thing
> which could happen to anyone, sending an e-mail while
her roommate was
> still logged on.  How silly the girls must feel."
>
> A shame, actually, if it was an act.  Some of the
postings were
> interesting.  Dare one say "creative?"
>
> Since I, too, joined the discussion without
introducing myself, I will do
> so now.  I am an American working woman, (a Texan!),
"somewhat" past the
> traditional college age, putting myself through
school, as I have been
> doing for many years.
>
> I am currently writing my master's thesis in English
about the
> psychological significance of song lyric references in
modern American
> novels, and am very interested in poems, and in song
lyrics.  For several
> years I was a disc jockey at various radio stations,
and I have several
> albums worth of (unpublished) poems and/or song
lyrics.

> Here is my very unworthy but well-intended homage to
Emily Dickinson
> regarding my life:
>
> Work - to me - 'tis what I do
> That I may go to -
> School
>
> And for most part - bearable
> I'd hesitate -
> T'were ill
>
> Thus - ev'ry morn I - greet the Light
> And seek out my appointed -
> Place
>
> I've sustenance and shelter
> Books -
> Are all the - Pay - I ask
>
> A Mendicant of  - Knowledge
> To deny me -
> Thankless Task
>
>                          Lucy Chandler Brandt
>

> (ED is one of my favorite poets; in fact I joined this
group after having
> learned of it from another group which discusses her
work.  Hope my poem
> does not offend her.)
>
> This is a wonderfully interesting and inspiring
listserv.  Some of the
> poetry written by the members is astonishing!
>
> Helen Hagemann, for example, your poem "The Only of
Only Being Woman,"
> brought tears to my eyes.  I have printed it, and will
keep it in my
> scrapbook.
>
> Thank you all,
>
> Lucy
>

> Joseph Duemer wrote:
>
> > Roddy,
> > While not all pretense is the same--some is funny,
some provocative,
> > etc--I agree that the recent presence on the list of
several voices that
> > all obviously emanate from the same source is
destructive to good
> > fellowship. As you note, the first casualty is good
faith.

> > So, Susanne, Sonia & Erminia, do I understand
correctly that you're
> > going on vacation? Perhaps you'll come back as
yourself.