Dear poetryetc,

Here's a terrific pantoom by Australian poet, the late John Anderson, who
passed away not long ago, from his final book "The Shadow's Keep".

THE WORLD CANNOT BE OVERCOME BY THE ANALOGUE "I"

The world cannot be overcome by the analogue "I"
The choice of a subject is the choice of a glance
At the height of what is said, waterfall
A truth veiled as in its veiled effects

The choice of a subject like the choice of a glance
Creating an epi space where the legend itself, Art, can be freely
   thrown about
A truth veiled as in its veiled effects
What are we looking for? Nameless objects with paths

Creating an epi space where the legend itself, Art, can be freely
   thrown about
The cloud front that passes the brow of the talk
What are we looking for? Nameless objects with paths
A limber spot in the limberlost

The cloud front that passes the brow of the talk
Tearing off the cardboard and singing to the crockery
A limber spot in the limberlost
Mud is a writer- lightning is a writer

Tearing off the cardboard and singing to the crockery
At the height of what is said, waterfall
Mud is a writer- lightning is a writer
The world cannot be overcome by the analogue "I"

John Anderson

>From 'The Shadow's Keep", Black Pepper, 1997

Cheers,

Cassie