What about that mental state where the mind is racing and you're going 'whoa
there, hold on a sec...' - I've not that long ago come out of a state which
seemed to go on for weeks, in which my mental faculties were, as someone
once said, 'in a state of chassis' - dull as ditchwater & stagnant with it.
Now I'm even going 'Hmmm, Ditchwater!' in a Homer Simpson-ish sort of way.
There's an opposition, or oscillation, that seems to operate between feeling
"I can connect nothing with nothing", and then having everything seem to
connect with everything else. And being in a mad rush to get from one thing
to yet another thing (hence the rush of posts, folks!). It does seem
somewhat manic - not that I'm sure I mean that in any strict technical
sense. It's more like I've accessed  too many mental java beans all at once.
I mean, it's good, it's very prolific of creative ideas & communication -
and the prior state of numbness, of not being able to write anything, or
read anything, or think of anything to do etc. was awful. But it's a little
scary, too, in the sense of all the filters seeming to be off, and not
knowing when to stop, and going 'Hmmm, Gibberish!' in a Homer Simpson-ish
sort of way. Not to mention not being able to sleep.

This ring any bells with anyone?

Dave Lovely