Mornin' Chris,

You've hit the nail on the head here.  The primary channels
being narrow (in some cases close to drying up) there's only
so much which lands on shore.  For those like myself who have
neither the money nor the time to go actively prospecting in
the multitude of literary magazines, the experience of what's
out there is pretty much limited to your questioned-marked list
and to the Bloodaxe anthologies (good point).  Bloodaxe
'New Poets'?  Looked to me like all the old ones lumped
together.  More Liz Lochhead anybody?  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Bear in mind also that few people have the luxury of being
omniverous in their tastes, whether it's poetry or music or
whatever -- stocking up on the latest Nusrat Ali Fateh Khan
CDs requires disposable income, again.  Unless you're of
a mind to spend sunny weekends in the library, and assuming their
stock contains anything beyond the Heaney-Hughes-Duffy range.

Mind you, now that Randolph's list has been posted, why doesn't
someone with a knowledge of these writers put a selection
together and submit it for publication?  More productive than
whinging about it, I would have thought.  And I for one would buy
it, next time I had a spare couple of bob.

Andy