Talking of legal matters, as Matthew was, I heard
something lately that surprised me. I was recently
building a web site for a friend which used a lot of
images of book covers. I had her permisssion for this,
but someone warned me that I should also get
permission from the various publishers because they,
not the author, have copyright on images of book
covers. He thought this requirement would even apply
to authors using pics of their own covers in their own
web sites. My inclination was to say nothing, hope
they wouldn't notice and dare them to sue me if they
did. But I thought folk might like to hear of it -
anyone know if the info is correct?

=====
Sheenagh Pugh
http://www.geocities.com/sheenaghpugh