                          A Visitation from Jim Hightower

I aint seen it

Shinin' city on a hill / economic opportunity still growing / for everybody
/ open society / glowin' star of democracy in the Western Hemispheric
heavens / streets paved with gold

The globe-spannin' Pan African Diaspora be 500 years old

And I aint seen it

Prosperity unparalleled / promised us 40 acres and a mule / guarenteed
there'd be 2 cars in each garage / equal schools / y'got foools dreamin'
they livin' large in rap video swimmin pools / fairy tale wine / magic lamps
and wishes / frog to prince changin kisses /
Tell all the kiddies go sleepy bye

Every man and woman a king and queen

There was a Great Migration up from Dixieland
Made the be bop hip hoppin of my heart
But by the blood / my sainted Daddy's grave / and upon my soul
Don't sound like nothin I ever seen or knowed

          Tweedledee                    Tweedledum

          Change                        Compassionate Conservatism

No / no / no / I aint seed nonna dat

I received a visitation from Jim Hightower

He told me it was all smoke and mirrors/ globaloney
Maskin forlorn millions / men and women scorned / rottin like corpses /
cardboard box penthouses / conditions the Humane Society would not tolerate
for the lowest mangiest mutt / eatin out the dumpsters and the trash / O Say
Can U C how a grateful country dumped the vets on they ass

flocks of folk evident yet unseen / fallen faces like rotten logs / long
lines / here soup kitchens / there food pantries / runnin' outta grub / the
downsized / the outsourced / the done in / sad as cracked glass cryin alack
and alas

They never figgered they'd end up so bad

So many of us one check away from bein' wit' 'em

Does E Pluribus Unum mean
You don't count if you don't have
A lotta these?

Everywhere / in the gray air curdlin and churnin like rotten guts / I seen /
in the billious waters piss green and rusty / I seen the image / in the
poison potholes in the ground / I seen the spittin' image / in the streets
jammed with gass guzzlin' death traps unsafe at any speed it'll soon cost $5
a gallon to feed

Jim showed me the Image of the Beast

Leprous feet
Dirty nails rip backs poor oppressed and vulnerable
Hyenas crooked hind legs
Arms of King Kong              scaly greenbacks
Claws drippin
Its the blood of patriots saints and martyrs

Papier Mache wings
Crap on the right one
B.S on the left

A gabillionaire / still drunk from  buyin the conventions
Big glowin' alchoholic nose / busted bloodvessels writhin' in it like united
snakes / sick face pitted like the road to hell .
A dingy cheap off kilter powder blue wig
splintered wooden dental plates

It claim's it's George Washington

Eyes glistenin' / full o' crocodile tears / says it liberated the Death
Camps when it never even left Stateside while Dubya Dubya 2 was on / Lies/ I
say, "What it is?" It answers "Depends on what your definition of "is" is /
it sneers / scars strikes 'I CANNOT TELL A LIE" blazoned on its forehead /
cheap imitation zircons / lips pressed to the butt of Big Bidness

If God meant for us to vote he would have given us candidates
We need real deomcracy
Like they did  the other day
In the streets of Belgrade

OOOOOOOOOH that was sweet.        OOOOOOOOOOH that was sweet.
OOOOOOOOOOH that was soooooooo sweet.

Newscaster bleats

Freedom and Democracy in Action
Serb Martin Luther Kings and Jesse Jacksons
We needz em right here

Just a check away /  from bein' prey

Once frightened little mice
Fed milk to an alley kat
Hopin'  Hopin'
Hopin' it'd leave 'em alone
Only to be et up one by one

We have the power
Starve it    Starve it
Starve the Beast
Jim said
Of allegiance / Of mindless admiration
Starve it
Of soft money / obedience/ of obligation

Stand up and be counted
Let's get up off our behinds
It's got no place in these United States
It's just a state of mind

Chris Hayden