Matthew writes about not being able to photocopy poems
for students "I can't see why this should apply in a
limited group for educational purposes"
Too true. An ex-student of ours has just won a major
literary competition and I wanted, with his
permission, to put the poem on our Masters in Writing
web site, which has a target audience of at least
90...
I was told no, not until December when it's first
appeared in a mag with a circulation, I suspect, of
not much more (it certainly doesn't deserve one).
Daft. I don't care who uses my poems for educational
purposes or for fun amongst friends. I do get aerated
when the BBC does it without paying, and what about
the Forward anthologies, which use poems without pay
and don't even notify the authors or send them free
copies?  Anyway my publisher didn't pay me a halfpenny
for the last two, and doesn't reply to letters of
complaint on the subject, so what's a web site here or
there!

=====
Sheenagh Pugh
http://www.geocities.com/sheenaghpugh