Catherine,

Thanks very much for your reply. I've sent a response to the A.P.
student which I hope is helpful without writing the essay for them. Some
of the poems (s)he mentioned had a fairly heavy science base, so it's
maybe not surprising that an English student of that age found them
obscure. "Adolescent Girls" is about teacher-pupil sexual tension, and
is probably my most "shocking" published poem (though it's not *that*
shocking), so I'm intrigued to know how a 16-year old will describe it.
But I probably will never know, unless I get an irate email from a high
school English teacher...

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Catherine Daly wrote...

>I used to be a poetry mentor on AOL and get this all the time.  AP is "Advanced
>Placement":  they are supposed to be the equivalent of college classes, in high
>school.  This means the student is about 16.

Best,
--
Peter

http://www.hphoward.demon.co.uk/poetry/