>This is a preliminary allocation of poets
>to cover specific events at Sydney 2000.

Why do I suddenly feel I'm back in the newsroom?

No doubt because I always got stuck with the beach volleyball.  Once they
even sent me to cover the yachting.  I missed a dramatic tangleup because
to me it looked as if nothing was happening.

Hugh, I've been running away from this for years.  Love Pindar and all
that, thought Cathy in the ring of fire and water was very speccy, will
of course watch the pursuit cycling with bated breath, &c&c.  But can I
just go back quietly to my desk?

I presume you're co-ordinating this with Mark O'Connor, official Olympic
laureate...

Cheers

Alison