Then there's the famous booty tale of St. Mark & the cobbler:
When (my name is, my name is) Evangelical M processed into the
city of Alexandria to be consecrated bishop (missing thumb
notwithstanding), one of his boots fell apart and was given to
a local cobbler for repair. While working on Mark's boot, tho',
the cobbler wounded his left hand quite badly and, as he did so,
uttered this "ejaculation" (a word we Catholic kids would repeatedly
try to get the priest to say during Catechism class): "Ah, one and
only God!"

St. Mark, overhearing the cobbler as he waited for his boot so that
the parade could go on, ejaculated in turn: "Truly doth the Lord
bless my path!" Then he spat on the cobbler's injured LEFT hand and
healed it, instantly--which was very nice, of course, but what I've
always wondered is if it was _necessary_, given the low odds of any
cobbler's being left-handed. And yet, we're repeatedly told that he
hurt his left hand, tho' never that he was a southpaw.

Candice