Hi, Steve--I'm a sucker for nuns in the clouds myself, and what an
amazing turn yours take at the end of your _Stand_ poem, the Vietnamese
title of which I'm afraid of misrendering (which is why I keep failing
to mention it!). How about posting it, title and all?

And that goes for you too, Matthew Francis, if you'd oblige us? (Too
bad you can't give us the painting as well, but did you remember the
painter's name, btw?)

As for Catherine's "miracles," I don't really know of any (do you,
Matthew--or Catherine Daly?). She was more of a mystic and teacher,
like Julian of Norwich, and wrote (or rather dictated, as she was
unlettered herself, I believe) a wonderful book called the _Dialogos_.
And she a martyr--of the famous homonymous "catherine wheel," after
which the fireworks are named--and with which Matthew makes such a
chilling conclusion to his poem. Assuming that it was the same St.
Catherine (of Siena) whom I'm remembering, although I could have
conflated a couple of them and can't check my _Golden Legend_ here.

Anyway, Erminia's gotten us off to a nice start, so if you two guys
post your _Stand_ poems (or other good works of that sort), I'll chip
in with my (old) prose poem "The First Hermit" (about Paul and Anthony
in the desert), the only one from a whole sequence I wrote during the
mid-1970s that was worth keeping (I think--and hope and pray).

Candice