>From me the she
thank you all, for your kind comments on this poem. I know that we all have
that certain voice going on in our head, sometimes I wonder what gender it
is. As Deepak Choppra says, it's that little voice that never shuts up! So,
what gender it is I don't know, maybe it's genderless. What I find as a
female poet is the struggle with the language itself; trying to sound as
female as possible, to write language that sounds as female as possible, so
I revert to the female experience, but this won't do for every poem. As
Geraldine McKenzie says, 'we need better words.'
However, what I would like to see are the male poets confirming the female
experience, in turn this would confirm the female voice and substantiate
what women are saying in poetry as being equally important. Men writing
about for eg. the beauty of childbirth, the closeness to children, taking
them to the park, teaching them to ride a bike, or perhaps write about their
mothers' struggles in life from their perspective, or an omniscient POV, but
not in a masculine way. I don't see a lot of this poetry, except men writing
about the 'beautiful' woman. But we are not all Elle McPhersons.

>slant rhymes.  The reason I ask is because sometimes I've written a whole
>poem in slant rhyme without realizing I was doing it.

No. I was only conscious of a rhythm that was coming out.
Cheers
Helen