Years ago I read a memoir by a Lebanese-American who mentioned in passing a
movement among his countrymen to cliam Willie as one of their
own--seriously--the name, Sheik Espir, was a dead giveaway. "A camel,  a
camel..."

There are, nonetheless, some pretty juicy female roles in
Shakespeare-the-Irishman, altho fewer than for men, and usually the female
lead gets more words than any but the male lead, thereby trumping an army
of secondary characters. But there's also the question of
memorability--Juliette, Lady Mac, Cleopatra, Cressida, Rosalind--make your
own list--it's not for nothing that actresses fight to the death to get
these parts. The characters are incredibly rich, the words beautiful, and
there'd be no play without them.

As to Miranda, she's probably about thirteen years old, but only a ninny
would direct her as a ninny. In that most allegorical of Shakespeare's
plays she acts the part of Youth seeing all things new. Maybe the director
should reread the play.