   > The Only Of Only Being Woman ...

   That's very good.  I wonder if you were aware of all the slant
rhymes.  The reason I ask is because sometimes I've written a whole poem
in slant rhyme without realizing I was doing it.  Things like that
usually mean the poem is particularly successful.  Also the adroit
variation in sentence lengths which gives the piece in effect an
underlying irregular stanzaic pattern -- conscious or not?  I know it
doesn't matter but it's interesting to speculate.

   Oddly the voice (as opposed to the content) strikes me as not
particularly feminine, not like Sappho or Dickinson who despite
someone's previous comments seem to me the most intensely feminine of
poetic voices, by which I mean they have a sort of calm precision, or
energetic causualness, or knowing naivete, or ... well I don't know what
I mean because they keep dodging whenever I've almost got them pinned
down.  Why do they DO that damn it.  Anyway the voice in this piece
seems to me to have an energetic exuberance not particularly associated
with gender.  Ironically.  (Again conscious or not?)

   I do think though it could have been stronger by excising the
generalizing abstract phrases like "new un-written law" or "the
nothingness of being".  They dilute the impact of the mosaic of concrete
images which is the poem's primary and most successfully used technique

   I hope no one minds my using this list to actually discuss one of its
members poems.