In this kind of argument, I can't but think of Muriel Rukeyser, surely the
epitome of a committed poet.  Was she in this anthology?  In her case, her
sex was not helped by her communism, and her reputation underwent a big
decline after she was targeted by McCarthy.  Was she more readily erased
because she was a woman?

Best

Alison