Based on what someone wrote earlier... wouldn't the notes to The Wasteland
also be a paratext? They don't seem to explain anything, though they do
suggest, among other things, that the lovemaking between the typist and
the young man carbuncular would have been more meaningful if only they had
read Goldsmith.

David Zauhar