I'm still interested in traditional forms and ballads. Just because you're
employing an older form doesn't mean you have to write anachronistically -
I've read plenty of free verse that seemed more archaic than good
innovative use of the villanelle, sestina, ballad etc. The approach is all
- we don't have to be dominated by forms, they can work for us. It's when
the form is indulged as a fetish, a way of insinuating oneself into a
'grand tradition,' that we should worry. But I doubt there are many on this
list who would contemplate such a thing.
Best,

Malcolm