>I'm unhappy that a very specific comment on the risibility of demanding that
>poets wear suits is characterised as an "attack" and that rather one should
>be praising such an institution.

Er - me too, Ram - I was simply making a gentle mockery of dress codes,
in particular "business suits".  I have to confess a particular animus to
"business suits", because I noticed when I was heavily pregnant it was
never the "business suits" who stood up for me on trams.  It was almost
always the sole old lady in a row of suits who tremblingly lurched out of
her seat and offered it to me; or it was a very young man.

What this has to do with the UN, I have no idea; but I suspect there are
connections.

Best

Alison