Dear David and Everyone:

The "Dialogue Among Civilizations Though Poetry"
program is ENTIRELY FREE and is being paid for and
organized at the grassroots level by teachers, poets,
doctors, students,...in fact it is open to everyone
and anyone can participate. The program is the most
democratic and visionary program I have ever worked on
because what it is trying to achieve.

The National Arts Club has dedicated itself to
supporting the arts from the grassroots level to UN
for over 100 years.  Without them, many artists...many
poor and young artists would have never had an
opportunity to achieve their full potential or even
start. One of them includes myself.

The National Arts Club has generously allowed us to
use their space and are willing to pay for the cost of
the evening.  I am very grateful to them and the good
people who volunteer their time there.

I think when organizations like the National Arts Club
and other foundations provide their support, they
should be praised and not attacked.

Thank You,
Ram Devineni

--- "david.bircumshaw" <[log in to unmask]>

=====