When I read Louise Thomason's post I thought that
maybe "space" is becoming one of those very general
terms, like "voice", used often uncritically in
relation to poetry...
There's an interesting Australian collection of a
number of papers given at a poetry conference called
"The Space of Poetry" back in 1996. It's edited by Lyn
McCredden & Stephanie Trigg.
It's a stimulating collection but, really, not many of
the contributions have anything to do with thinking
about the SPACE of poetry - the exception being Amanda
Wilson's piece which addresses & takes exception to
the conference title...her paper is called "Borders in
Space : Performance Crossings"
Anyway, it was published as Melbourne University
Literary and Cultural Studies, Volume 3 - by the
Department of English. Maybe it's not out of print
yet.
Chiz,
Pam

=====