John: This is one hell of a long questionnaire. Do I assume correctly that
Australian poets have more free time than the rest of us?

1. Is it required of poets who want to be in your chapter that they answer
the questions?

2. Does the potential reward (however perceived) of inclusion influence the
answers?

3. How do you think the poets perceive the rewards of inclusion?

4. Wouldn't most of the answers be apparent from the poetry?

12. If the answers aren't apparent from the poetry do they  matter?

9. Do they matter more than the poetry?

6. If the answers are at odds with the poetry how would that be significant?

15. Aren't the answers to a degree predetermined, perhaps coerced, by the
way you frame your questions?

12. By the terminology in which you cast them?

13. How do you plan to analyze the answers, quantitatively, qualitatively
or both?

17. What is the size of your survey population, and do you really think you
can draw useful inferences from that small a sample?

5. Is there a control group? How is it defined?

14. Do you think that the length of the questionnaire might influence the
state of mind of the poets, and hence their answers?

14. What other variables do you think you may not have addressed?