David
I've been into your site and enjoyed your poetry. You don't need a formal
poetry education, you are very much entrenched already in the art. As they
say our best teachers are the books on our shelves. Thanks also for some
great information on poets you like. I also like Charles Simic, William
Carlos Williams. Charles Olson, is great too. Check our
http://www.cortlandreview.com (archives) for some great poetry. I esp. like
Gregory Djanikian (he's very funny and I'm sure you would like him). My
favorite all-time American female poet would have to be Adrienne Rich. Poets
on the web have been my inspiration lately. What part of the world do you
live in where you can't join others of like minds?
Helen (apiring poet)