>John, yes, I can't deny it does exist, because I
>endure it myself for months or years at a time - but
>trying to think of my frustration as impatience rather
>than a helpless reaction to obdurate block seems a
>less depressing way of looking at it :-(

You know, I tend to agree with Alan Garner's statement (and is that the
same Alan Garner of The Owl Service, Elidor and so on? a really great
writer: I just bought his latest book for my son, and it looks amazing.
But everything else seems to be out of print.)

I seem to have longer and longer fallows, where I write absolutely no
poems at all.  I've always been fairly relaxed about them, thinking of
them as refilling, but the most recent one lasted six months.  I've
always thought of them as part of the natural psychal of things.

Best

Alison