Lawrence: If a language--extant or presumed to have existed--is
classified as "Baltic," then it's also considered Indo-European,
by definition. As for how one decides or infers that a word is or
isn't "Indo-European," you start with those language groups that
are believed to be derived from "Indo-European" (a presumed common
source in itself), namely, the Indo-Iranian, Balto-Slavic, Germanic,
Italic, and Celtic. Would you infer that "egg foo yong" belongs to
any of these language groups? --Candice