Meika wrote:

>when, and I cannot remember where I heard this, the german languages
>contain the most non-indo-european words in their vocab which has lead some
>to speculate that  "german" was/is a creole of indo-europeans and some
>baltic group now disappeared, of course this hybridity would also mean they
>would be like no one but themselves...

    Since the Balto-Slavic languages are _also_ Indo-European, this
Germanic-Baltic "creole" theory doesn't make much sense. (I'd love to
know its source, Meika, if you recall it.) As for "non-Indo-European
words" to be found in Germanic vocabularies, one such vocab. (English)
can probably claim "egg foo yong" by now.

Candice