Hi,
I hope members of this list might be able to help me by completing the following survey, although the research is particularly interested in women' s in car needs, I am now hoping to broaden the survey to explore whether there are any gender differences in car use and experiencs/attitudes to driving, so please respond if you are able.
The results of the work are being fed to automotive designers and engineers and will be written up as a poster session at the codesign conference,
Many thanks
Andree
======================================

Global Internet Survey of in-car security and safety needs

We are part of a consortium looking at how women use and feel about
their cars and their driving experience. The results from this survey
will be confidential, but used in two ways. Firstly, your experiences
will be related to automotive concept designers to inform the
development of new cars and driving environments; secondly, information
from this survey will be developed into a set of guidelines on advice
and experience about international driving and best practice.

The survey is in two parts, and has been designed to be completed
quickly. However, I would appreciate it if you could answer the open
ended questions (11 through to 16) as fully as possible, so that we can
establish an accurate picture of your driving experiences in your own
country.

I would also be grateful if you could forward this email on to as many
of your friends as possible.
Please return the completed questionnaire either to me, at this email
address: A.Woodcok@coventry, or fax it for the attention of  Andree
Woodcock on +44 (0)1509 22333940.

Survey

1. Your age:

2. Your sex:

3. Which country do your answers relate to?

4. Length of driving experience:

5. In a car, are you mostly the driver, passenger or both?

6. When you drive, do you drive alone (please answer either always,
sometimes, never or varies)?

7. How would you characterise your passengers (e.g. partner, family,
friends, young children)?

8. What are your main reasons for driving (e.g. to work, to school, to
friends)?

9. What is the make, model, year and size of your car?

10. Would you consider yourself to be a confident driver?

11. Does you car have any features to enhance your personal safety and
security?

12. What extra safety and security features would you like to see in the
car?

13. Have you ever been involved in a traffic incident or accident? If
yes, please describe it.

14. Please describe, as fully as possible, any circumstances in which
you have felt threatened as a motorist or passenger.

15. Please describe, as fully as possible, any circumstances in which
you have felt vulnerable as a motorist or passenger.

16. Please describe, as fully as possible, any circumstances in which
you have felt uncomfortable as a motorist or passenger.

17. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Thank you for your help in our survey. Please return the completed
questionnaire to [log in to unmask] and forward the initial email
to your friends and family if possible.

Andree Woodcock
Research Fellow,
VIDe Centre, Coventry School of Art and Design,
University of Coventry, Priory Street, Coventry, UK

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/hu/groups/vsrg/womenandcars.htm