Dear All,
I'm writing my PhD research proposal with the topic "Advertising Online: East vs West".

The idea is that since Internet comes from West culture while recents years many business want to do business in the huge China market. One of the major weapon will be using web pages. But just "turn" the exsisting "Western" web page layouts into some Chinese content pages is what most of these companies doing.
The question is it really working like this? Is the Chinese audience read web pages just like the Western?
Is the effect like what's in the Western countries?

I'm not sure if there's any research of this kind is running?
Or is there any similar research that I can refer to?
Please contact me with:

Thanks,
Brian Wong
Dept. of Communication Studies