Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:40:11 +0100
From: Sarah Wilman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: How to Get a PhD
Sender: [log in to unmask]
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

> Dear Colleague,
>
> Open University Press has recently published a new edition of its
> best-selling Study Guide, How to Get a PhD, by Estelle Phillips and Derek
> Pugh. This is a handbook and survival manual for PhD students, providing a
> practical, realistic understanding of the processes of doing research for
> a doctorate. It discusses many important issues often neglected, such as
> time management, and how to overcome the difficulties of communicating
> with supervisors; and considers the particular problems of groups such as
> women, part-time and overseas students. The book also provides practical
> insights for supervisors, and assists senior academic administrators by
> examining the responsibilities that universities have for providing an
> adequate overall service for research students.
>
> This third edition has been extensively revised and updated throughout
> with new material added on information and communication technology,
> publishing, teaching and working towards a PhD in a practice based
> discipline. Additional material has also been provided for supervisors
> with new sections on the outcomes of good supervision and on how to
> examine.

Bibliographic details:

> March 2000  256pp
> 0 335 20550 X Paperback £15.99
> 0 335 20551 8 Hardback £50.00
>
> If you would like more information or if you wish to order a copy of this
> publication please see: http://195.89.185.89/bd.cgi/openup/isb?033520550X
>
> More information is also available on other study guides via our website:
> http://www.openup.co.uk
>

> Many thanks
>
> Sarah Wilman - Marketing Manager
> Open University Press
> Tel: 01280 823388
> Email: [log in to unmask]

intended solely for the use of the individual or organisation to whom
they are addressed.
Open University Press at [log in to unmask]

by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

--- End Forwarded Message ---

-----------------------------------
P.M. Gutherson
Advanced Research Institute (ARi)