>Hi all,
>
>Having seen the excellent response from Chris Sherwinís email regarding case
>studies and qualitative research methods, I wondered if anyone had
>information about the use of quantitative methods for the analysis in
>Design.
>
>Andrew Crighton,
>Researcher

My research used both, qualitative and quantative methods. The qualitative
method was an interview technique, derived from George Kelly's Repertory
Grid, which allowed me to understand subjects' understanding and motivation
when reading adverts. This influenced the questionnaire design used for
analysis of effectiveness of different designs.

Oliver Haas
Napier University
Department of
Print Media, Publishing and Communication
New Craig, Craighouse Campus
Edinburgh EH10 5LG

Tel: +0131 455 6150
     +0131 557 5663