-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Richard Buchanan
Sent: Thursday, 31 August 2000 3:17
To: [log in to unmask]; Norm Sheehan
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Design theory

Norm,

I enjoy reading your notes, but perhaps one should be cautious about
generalizations such as 'Greek Rationality."  It weakens the argument
considerably. For one of many examples, the only thing that Socrates
claims to know anything about is love.  Apparently, he was a rather
emotional guy--more than most philosophers today.  By the way, his
theory of design and interactive design was also quite passionate--more
than most design theories today.

Dick