Dear Matt - following uop the general drift of your mail - I suggest that
"domain of concern" gets around most of the field/discipline problems - it
doesn't get around the thorny stuff about canons by fault/default/despise. F R
Leavis is not a bad start towards understandingn the different that a posture
can bring. A problem is a thing positioned, the question is always posed,
sometimes with poise etc. I don't mind the cultural circle stuff except that I
know how to start and stop the bus - the bus doesn't have a clue.

keith russell
communication and media arts
uni of newcastle -OZ