good point, jean
do you have some pertinent writing in mind?
klaus

At 03:56 PM 10/16/00 +0000, Jean Schneider wrote:
>Your arguments 'feel' right to me,  (I say 'feel'
>because I don't 'know' enough to make
>any sound judgement. But then again,
>I never fully understand why feeling and
>knowing has to be dichtomous).
>
>I think that I maybe getting caught again in the hegemonic
>position between scientific research and design research,
>between rationality and creativity, between theoretical
>knowing and practical knowing, and knowing and feeling.

Hello Rosan,

As a side comment: the words that you use there and the way in which you
formulate things -as possible contradictions- would suggest that you take
a look at some feminist approaches. They question, if not deny this
division, and I think that there are good reasons to consider the point
seriously when one wants to reflect on the engagement in doing that is
part of the act of designing (I am not saying anything here about design
theory, as I am not a feminist expert at all).

Best regards,

Jean

Jean Schneider
Monplaisir / 09700 Montaut / France.
Phone : 33-661 350 357

klaus krippendorff
gregory bateson professor for
cybernetics, language, and communication
the annenberg school for communication
university of pennsylvania
3620 walnut street
philadelphia, pa 19104-6220
telephone: 215.898.7051 (office);  215.545.9356 (home)
fax: 215.898.2024 (office);  215.545.9357 (home)
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
                    www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/krippendorff/index.html