keith,

please realize you are talking about riding a bike.  knowing you are riding a bike (without momentarily talking about it) comes from the same source.  how else would you know (or potentially tell something) that you are riding it rather than drifting unaware in the multiverse of diffuse conceptions?

riding a bike is not self-closing unless you are entrapped in it, unless you can't stop or change to something else.

also you could be riding a bike and having a conversation with someone at the same time.  you might do this in parallel mode without one interfering with the other.  you might shift your attention from one to the other leaving the unattended process to habit.  the point is if you can get out of it i can't see it self-closing.

klaus