Please excuse this if it appears as a repeated posting, I sent it 24 hours
ago and have not yet seen it posted to the list.  Thanks.

At 14:15 +0200 2000/01/29, Steve Bowles wrote:

	>Simon - Please read what I said. The reviewer of 1999 did not
	>talk of your new adventure education or adventure programming
	>2000. In fact that reviewer talked, as I said, about adventure
	>programming IN GENERAL and more specifically about the guides
	>to issues and trends (title here comes from my memory in haste.)
	>
	>The point is this. Please read my words. In other words, as I said,
	>this was not about the new book as such.

I know this may sound rude, and I apologize for this, but I often have
trouble understanding your words.  We certainly have had our share of
miscommunications.

When you quoted from Peter Bunyan's words about the book and then wrote:
*the reviews of this general "adventure programming" work,* and since the
general work we were discussing at the time was called "Adventure
Programming," I simply pressumed you meant the book and not the entire
field of adventure programming.

My confusion must have been further amplified by your repeated distaste for
the term programming (you have often said how you dislike it and I couldn't
imagine you using it in conversation this way).  However, after rereading
your words, I must admit, I still don't see it the way you now explain.
Perhaps you meant it this way, but I just can't find it.  Sorry, but can
you explain it differently?

Lastly, I'd still be interested (as I'm guessing others might also) in your
citation for the aforementioned leisure studies review.  We can all do well
to respond to criticisms of our field.  Therefore, I look forward to your
onlist posting of this reference (once I've read it, I'll respond to it).
Thanks.

REGARDS!  Simon Priest, PhD

WEB: http://tscnet.com/~experien/        Box 884, Lakebay, WA, 98349, USA

E-MAIL: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]          FAX: 1-253-884-6448

The Seventh Competence:              eXperientia: a non-profit consulting
facilitation training,                consortium of international experts
competency frameworks,                 in experiential learning and their
mentoring, and coaching                 representatives and associates in
for business executives                  several nations around the world