	>Can anyone suggest an exemplar research article
	>in our field which demonstrates an integration
	>of qualitative and quantitative approaches?

James, Although it is NOT from our immediate field, the best example (I
know) of integrating both methodologies can be found in Physical Education.
Kimberley Klint's 1988 dissertation on Women's Gymnastics was given
AAHPERD's award for best doctoral research for its ability to clarify both
paradigms of inquiry and weave together the understanding that comes from
both methodolgies.  The title is "Naturalistic & Positivistic Paradigms of
Inquiry: Implications for the field of Sport Psychology" and it can
probably be found through Dissertation Abstracts International or the
University of Oregon Microfiche Collection.  Hope it helps.

REGARDS!  Simon Priest, PhD

WEB: http://tscnet.com/~experien/        Box 884, Lakebay, WA, 98349, USA

E-MAIL: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]          FAX: 1-253-884-6448

The Seventh Competence:              eXperientia: a non-profit consulting
facilitation training,                consortium of international experts
competency frameworks,                 in experiential learning and their
mentoring, and coaching                 representatives and associates in
for business executives                  several nations around the world