(My apologies if you receive more than one copy of this)

C A L L    F OR    P A R T I C I P A T I O N
--------------------------------
Extended deadline for submission of titles: 15th of November 2000

Stream on Metaheuristics

YOR12
The University of Nottingham
27-29 March 2001
http://www.orsoc.org.uk/homelinks/yor12_f.htm

The Young OR conference is an annual event organized by the Operational
Research Society (ORSOC) aimed for OR practitioners and academics in
their first 10 years. This event represents a good opportunity for young
researchers and OR practioners in business alike to exchange ideas of
latest development, share experience and make contacts. The conference
consists of various streams on OR related topics including

* Meta Heuristics
* Optimisation
* Data Envelopment Analysis
* Data Mining
* Decision Support
* Defence
* E-commerce
* Energy
* Government
* Simulation
* Soft Methods
* System Dynamics
* Transport

where each participant is encouraged to give a 20-25 minute talk. For more information on any of this stream please visit the YOR12 website or contact the corresponding stream organizers. Further events of
the conference are plenary talks, tutorials, a recruitment fair and the conference banquet. The venue of YOR12 will be the University of Nottingham (http://www.nottingham.ac.uk).

Anybody intending to attend the Metaheuristic stream of YOR12 is asked to
submit a short abstract (of less than 200 words) or title to the address below or
directly through the YOR12 website. Submissions are welcome on all
heuristic and metaheuristic related approaches such as

* Evolutionary Algorithms,
* Tabu Search,
* Simulated Annealing,
* Scatter Search,
* Ant Colony Optimization,
* Guided Local Search,
* Variable Neighbourhood Search,
* Classical Neighbourhood Search methods,

to name but a few. The aim of the metaheuristic stream at YOR12 is to give young researchers and practitioners in those fields an opportunity to present their latest research and to discuss current developments and applications, besides stimulating closer future interaction between
members of the scientific and business community.

The deadline for submission of titles and abstracts has been extended to the 15th of November 2000. Accepted abstract will be enclosed in the conference handbook. For more information on the Metaheuristic stream please visit the YOR12 website or contact:

Ralf Keuthen
Automated Scheduling, Optimisation
and Planning Group
School of Computer Science