You have a good point.  In the process of assessing someone pre employment,
it is easy to ask loads of questions just because we have always asked loads
of questions and we don't want to miss anything.

However, my view is that if you ask a reasonable range of specific questions
you tend to get specific answers as the questions have acted as prompts or
memory joggers.  If you ask 3 or 4 very general questions you tend to get
less information.

This is only opinion though and good debate is needed.  Am not sure of the
research though I am fairly sure some has been carried out at sometime in the
past.

Any other views?

Lindsey Hall