Dear Listers,

I think it would need to go a bit further and cause SUBSTANTIAL impairment
of Daily Living Activities.

Remember also that the effect of medical treatment (unless curative) must be
discounted.

You may wish to look at analagous cases (on mental health) :
EAT Goodwin vs.Patent Office (57/98) (discount effects of medical treatment
in schizophrenic)
Jones vs Selcare Trust 1998 (depression is disability)
Cassidy vs The Benefits Agency 1998 (depression is not disability)

There is also the question of whether it is a PROGRESSIVE disease, and
therefore is covered when there is SOME and not substantial effect :
Hopkins vs ERF Manchester Ltd. 1998  (Rheumatoid Arthritis)

This is definitely one to go get some advice from the Lawyers.

Remember that Safety considerations always overide DDA :
Toffel vs London Underground 1997 (depression)

Dr Geoff Helliwell MB ChB CIH FFOM MIOSH
Medical Director
WellWork Ltd. UK