Now that I have been co-ordinating the network for some time (16 months), I thought it would be useful to review - with all of you - how it is going.  For this reason, I am sending a SHORT questionnaire (below).  Please type your answers after the questions and return by the end of July 2000 to [log in to unmask] The results will be collated and circulated to the list, together with some analysis of the messages posted to the network in this period.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes
John

Dr John Twigg, Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre
Department of Geological Sciences, University College London
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
phone 020-7679-2436, website http://www.bghrc.com
Join the natural-hazards-disasters network http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/natural-hazards-disasters

NATURAL-HAZARDS-DISASTERS MEMBERSHIP SURVEY
June 2000

Please write your answers in CAPITAL LETTERS after the questions.

1.  Which country do you live/work in? Australia

2.  What kind of organisation do you work for?
a) University/higher education/research

3.  What is your professional discipline/interest?
c) Disaster management

4.  How did you learn about the natural-hazards-disasters network?
b)  Hypertext link from website

5.  Have you promoted the network among friends and colleagues (yes/no)? YES

6.  How useful has the network been to you in your work/interests?
b) Useful

7.  In what ways has the network been useful to you?  Please explain/describe briefly. providing information in EM.

8.
a) Have you ever posted a message to the network requesting information (yes/no)?NO

9.
a) Have you ever offered to share information with others by posting a message to the network? No not at the moment

10.  What do you think is the network's
a) best feature?Global nature of the participants and EM matters rasied
b) worst feature? receiving auto replies from absent members

11.  How do you think the network could be improved? No suggestions at the moment.

Thank you for helping.  Please email this reply to [log in to unmask] by the end of July 2000.